Audio and Video Files:
Over Beers Podcast. September 14, 2018.
Brewing at Heavy Seas' Brewing event to promote the Pirate Exhibit at the National Geographic Museum in Washington, D.C.
Hear Marty Moss-Coane interview Don Russell and Rich Wagner on
Heather Baver's interview with Rich Wagner for Through the Lens, a program for the residents of Maris Grove Living Community in Glen Mills, PA to promote his presentation on Philadelphia Breweries After Repeal. Part 1 and part 2.
The late Jay Misson had a storied career in the brewing industry. Besides brewing at Vernon Valley Brewery in New Jersey he spent time in Germany working for a brewery and malt house. He went on to work elsewhere in the United States brewing, setting up breweries and lastly was brewing supervisor for Triumph's three brewpubs. Part 1 and part 2.
Art Fennell Reports: Philadelphia Beer History. Comcast Channel CN8. Interview with Rich Wagner and Don Russell during Philly Beer Week. Aired Sunday June 5, 2011.
Brewers – Final Edit by Joe Bolletino of Lost
Temple student Stephanie Ramirez and her group interviewed Rich Wagner on the significance of Brewerytown, Lager Beer and Lager Beer Vaults in and around Fairmount Park as part of a project for Temple's Multimedia Urban Reporting Lab. They've been posted to YouTube and can be viewed at the following links:
· Engel & Wolf's brewery at Fountain Green
· Bergdoll Brewery
· Bergdoll workers' houses on Newkirk St.
· Lager Beer Vaults in and near Fairmount Park
· See the latest videos from “The Philadelphia Brewery Tour Revistited” on YouTube.
· Stephen Metzger's film Philly Pale Ale.
· Hear radio interviews with former workers and ads from Sunshine and Reading breweries.
· “Philadelphia’s Early Taverns and the Beers They Served.” Historical Society of Pennsylvania.
· “Creatively Speaking” (Temple University radio WRTI 90.1 FM) is a 30 minute program, Rich's interview is the third of four seven minute segments. Creatively Speaking December 13, 2009. Tom Keels on Brewing in Philadelphia, past and present.
· Sue Henry's 47 minute documentary: “Beer Gardening in Northeastern PA” aired on WILK 980 AM in October 2007. The show includes interviews with Rich Wagner, who drove around for a day showing Sue some of the old breweries of the Wyoming Valley, Wilkes-Barre and Scranton. Also included is her tour with the Lion Brewery's Leo Orlandini and a visit with local breweriana collector Al Kogoy in his basement brewery musuem. Al supplied some vintage radio ads dating back to the fifties and sixties from the region's breweries.
· Hear Radio Rick Spector interviewing Rich Wagner on The Philadelphia Brewery Tour Revisited, aired on the Milestones Radio Show, July 29, 2006 on 1340 AM WHAT Philadelphia!
Brewery Tour Videos on YouTube
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 1 (May 1987) Poth, Bergner & Engel, Brewerytown
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 1 (May 1987) Germania Brewery Opera House
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 1 (May 1987) Weisbrod & Hess
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 4 (July 1994) Samuel Adams Brew House
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 4 (July 1994) Dock Street Brewery & Restaurant
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 9 (Fall 1996) On the bus, Rich Dochter narration
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 9 (Fall 1996) Morris Brewery Vault
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 11 (Fall 1996) Yards Brewing Co. Umbria St. plant
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 11 (Fall 1997) Yards Brewing Co. Brandon Greenwood
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 11 (Fall 1997) Red Bell Brewing Co. Jim Cancro
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 10 (Fall 1997) Independence Brewing Co. Bill Moore
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 10 (Fall 1997) Finkenauer
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 11 (Fall 1997) Yards Brewing Co. Departing
Philadelphia Brewery Tour 10 (Fall 1997) Poor Henry's
Colonial Brewing Demonstration Now on YouTube:
Writer/Film maker Jeff Linkous created a video entitled Ancestral Ale – Brewing in Colonial America from the Rich's colonial brewing demonstration at the Camden County Historical Society last fall. Check out his blog: http://beerstainedletter.blogspot.com/